A nonprofit organization devoted to watershed protection and education


LANDS and WATERS' projects demonstrate our focus on watershed issues. All of our projects have an educational outreach component. The educational component of our activities includes lectures and workshops for adults and a story based curriculum for children. Our demonstration sites promote low impact development techniques and best management practices.

Conservation projects on school property become components of the school's living classroom. We strongly believe in the value of the living classroom not only as a tool to improve learning but as an important element in the healthy physical and mental development of children.

All programs support the goals of the Chesapeake Bay 2000 Agreement and the Virginia Standards of Living.

In keeping with our philosophy, 98% of our time is devoted to our projects. The remaining 2% is given to administrative activities.